Start-specific user interface.
Our number one goal in designing the ProStart was to make sure that the product would never undermine your crew’s performance with unnecessary distractions during the pre-start. The front surface of the ProStart is reserved for the three most important start-related buttons: the pin , boat and gun buttons. The large size of these buttons makes them easy to press, even with gloved hands and easy to find in the midst of chaos.
Easy on the eyes.
The ProStart’s sunlight-readable high-contrast LCD screen features 30mm (1.2”) tall digits in a font that’s optimized for readability. This makes the instrument easy to read with a quick glance and helps you keep your attention focused outside the boat.
The ergonomic design of the ProStart makes it's large buttons easy to press with one hand even when your boat is pitching around. The spring-loaded mechanical buttons also provide positive tactile feedback. This lets you know that you’ve successfully pinged a mark without having to look at the ProStart’s screen.
Mount the ProStart anywhere.
Each ProStart comes packaged with a mounting cradle that can be bolted to the ProStart Mast Mounting Bracket or directly to a bulkhead. The cradle is also compatible with any bracket designed for the venerable Tacktick Micro Compass.
The ProStart has been tested to IPX-8, the most rigorous industrial water-resistance standard. This means that you can count on the ProStart to survive wipeout after epic wipeout.
Second line of defense.
We do not recommend opening up the ProStart’s battery compartment on the water. On the other hand, we understand that you're unlikely to follow this recommendation so we covered the ProStart’s USB connector with a silicone plug and sealed the batery terminals with epoxy; a few stray water droplets won't ruin your day.
Snap and swap.
The ProStart’s sealed battery compartment can be opened without tools This allows you to swap in a fresh set of standard rechargeable or disposable AA cells in mere seconds.
- Speed Accuracy: ±0.2 Knots
- Heading Resolution: 1°
- Display Update Rate: 2Hz (twice a second)
- Water Resistance: 3m / 10 ft (IPX8)
- Display: 30mm / 1.18” digit height 120° viewing cone
- Data Logger: Lat, Long, Time, Speed, and Heading recorded every 2 seconds, 30hr capacity. Data download is compatible with Mac OS X and Windows
- Batteries: 3 x AA, 20+ hr endurance, rechargeable or disposable
- Dimensions: 120mm x 175mm x 40mm / 4.72” x 6.89” x 1.57”
- Weight Including Batteries: 448g / 0.99lb
- Bracket Compatibility: Velocitek ProStart Mast Bracket or any Tacktick Micro Compass bracket.
- Warranty: Two years
- Velocitek ProStart
- Mounting cradle (compatible with Velocitek Mast Bracket or any Tacktick Micro Compass bracket)
- USB cable
- Two Velocitek stickers
- Top button label stickers
- Quick Start Guide
- Nylon storage sleeve
We Also Recommend
Velocitek Shift - Tactical Sailing Compass